Even if you love cooking, sometimes it's nice to have a meal prepped and ready to go. Especially if you have little kids or work long hours. If you follow me you know that I love everything cauliflower. If you're grain free you can replace the brown rice pasta with steamed cauliflower. 👍🏻
cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are excellent sources of nutrients that we need. They’re especially good sources of:
- vitamin K, a powerful anti-inflammatory vitamin that supports bone and heart health
- vitamin A, which boosts the immune system and protects vision
- vitamin C, which may help you fight colds and protects us from heart disease
- manganese, an immune-booster that also supports joint health
- fiber, which is critical for healthy digestion. Fiber also helps probiotics work better.
- protein, broccoli contains 4g of protein per cup.
Cauliflower Mac & "Cheese" and Steamed Garlic Broccoli Meal Prep
Makes: 4 Days of 1 Serving
2 heaping cups cauliflower florets
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
2 1/2 cups gluten free pasta
3 cups steamed broccoli
1. Add cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for another 3-7 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
2. In a food processor add the cooked and drained cauliflower, chicken stock, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until a super smooth sauce forms.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 1/2 cups of pasta and boil for the time instructed on the package. Drain pasta.
4. In the same pot boil 2 inches of water and add in 3 cups chopped broccoli. Reduce heat to medium/ low and cook for 5-6 minutes. Drain.
5. Stir the cauliflower cheese sauce into the pasta.
6. Add the cauliflower mac and cheese with the steamed broccoli into meal prep containers and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.