These fries will change your life! Fries can be healthy and delicious. Yes, you heard right. This recipe is so simple all you do is slice em’, bake em’, eat em’. I love how turmeric adds a kick to the parsnip fries that matches perfectly with their sweetness.
Parsnips resemble carrots, but are paler and have a stronger flavour. Apparently, the core can be quite bitter so sometimes people omit it when cooking, but I used the whole thing and didn’t notice any bitter flavour, at least in these fries anyways.
When you think of carrots you don't automatically think fries, but carrots crisp up and make delicious fries!
- Parsnip has a high volume of insoluble fiber, which is important for a healthy digestive system.
- Turmeric’s powerful antioxidant properties fight free radicals, reducing or preventing some of the damage they can cause.
- Turmeric is also anti- inflammatory.
- Carrots have Vitamin A and antioxidants that protect the skin from sun damage, slow aging and protect eye health.
Crispy Turmeric Parsnip & Carrot Fries
Time: 35 min
2-3 medium carrots, peeled
2-3 parsnips, peeled
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
2. Cut carrots and parsnips in half, width wise, and then cut into sticks.
3. Place in a bowl with turmeric, salt and oil, tossing to coat.
4. Arrange in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet
5. Bake for 25-30 min flipping after 15 min. Cook until brown
6. Serve hot!