Zucchini noodles are full of flavor, tender and not to mention are gluten and grain free! Instead of regular pasta zucchini noodles are made with a vegetable spiralizer. They've become more popular so you can find them at most home and kitchen stores. Keep the skin on the zucchini for extra fiber and nutrients.
Just because you aren't eating traditional noodles doesn't mean you can't have traditional Italian bolognese. This used to be my favourite sauces to make with regular pasta before I went gluten free. It works so well with zucchini noodles because the sauce is thick and delicious.
Chicken Stock Zucchini Noodles
Serves 2-3 Time 15 min
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
1. Using a vegetable spiralizer, spiralize two zucchinis until they resemble spaghetti noodles
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil for 1 minute. Add chicken stock and cook until zucchini is softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Gluten free Dairy Free Bolognese Sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 onion
- 1 lb grass fed organic ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leave
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1 glass red wine (optional for traditional bolognese)
- 4 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Gently heat oil in a large pan
- Add chopped carrot, onion, celery, and bay leaf, gently cook until golden.
- Add ground beef, garlic, season well with salt & pepper, cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add wine, cook until liquid reduces a little, add mushrooms thyme & oregano.
- Blend the tomato puree with the beef stock, then add to pan along with the canned tomatoes, stir well then cover and cook on lowest possible heat for at least 20 min but up to a few hours
- As this dish slowly simmers you will need to add more liquid. (Use either wine or a little water).
- During the last ten minutes make zucchini noodles (instructions above)
- After you've let it simmer for at least 20 min add oregano and thyme and serve over zucchini noodles.